Thursday, March 16, 2006

Process...Due Process...and the Circus...

I've been attempting (in my spare time) to get a few things done that I've been meaning to do for a loooong while. Haven't we all ?
My first mission is to get a replacement Social Security Card. Government Process. To do this , you have to stand in line (most of the day) just to speak to someone. You really can't call and get a human being on the telephone. The line is always busy. "We prefer you come down in person," the rep said to me. So they keep the phoneline constantly busy , I heard the busy signal somewhere in the background, thus meaning they keep the phone off the hook. And the process begins....
To get a copy of your S.S. card, you need a photo ID (Got one of those, my license!) and a copy of your Birth certificate. (Don't have that). I was told if worse comes to worse, I can get a copy of my birth on-line at VitalChek.com. So I looked it up. To get a copy, you send in a copy of your ID. And do the rest online..except...this is purchased with a credit card. (Don't have one. Haven't had one in over 10 years, can't afford them!) So, in order to get a credit card, I was told at the bank, you need to have an account. To open an account, you need $,(of course) (Don't have.) and ID (Have) and a copy of your Social Security Card.
(Hmmm...) this is what I've been told is DUE PROCESS. I've been told this is the general circle of things that happen with Medical support, Financial aid for school, as well as other long process that take up our time. Seems more like a Circus Event to me....
Processed Meat:SPAM
Processed Meat Parts: Hot Dogs
Processed Hollywood: American Idol ; Marilyn Monroe

MY PROCESS: WHAT TO READ, AND DO ,WHILE, WAITING FOR THE PROCESS TO FINISH Some books on my reading list this week: Anything by authors Patricia Corwell or Jeffery Deaver. Yup, my favorite detective characters that do thier CSI and Forensic Science work, to solve crimes. If you like CSI, Law and Order,and those kind of TV shows, these books are for you!

Channeling Cleopatra and Cleopatra 7.2 by Elizabeth Ann Scarborough I knew Elizabeth Scarborough sounded familiar, but it took a bit to remember where from. Well her book with Ann McCaffery, for starters. However, in these books, she combined the fantasy aspect with Sci-fi. If you like things Egyptian (which I do, ever since I was in the 4th or 5th grade when the first King Tut exhibt came to the USA), and a little sci-fi, you might enjoy these books. It takes DNA from dead famous historical people and "blends" them with present day people. Yea, it's kinda like that Arnold Schwarzenegger movie where he's on Mars or something like that, but A little better and not so much sci-fi. They aren't long books, so it's easy reading and the characters are believable. A definite adventure into the past "blended" with the present. I give it a thumbs up.

My Process: (the watercolor at the beginning) a copy of a John Singer Sargent, impressionistic period. Painted by me a few years back.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home