Thursday, March 16, 2006

On the Hunt for a Job or the perfect Cookie...

Job hunting really sucks.

You take your time to fill out applications, type up resumes, only for a manager to take these papers from you and say,"We're accepting applications and we'll call you to schedule an appointment." All the while they are rolling their eyes as they turn away, as they can't be bothered. I thought to myself, when I was managing a small cafe in Atlanta, was I that much of a bitch? I thought for a second, and obviously I wasn't ,cause about 75% of the staff was still the same when the restaurant closed, as is was when we had opened 4 years earlier. Which bring me to my point...and I do have one...
I was walking down the street the other day, to my local Starbucks with my prized Steer being towed in one hand. (He won a blue ribbon at the F.F.A.* booth at the county fair.) And in my other hand, my shotgun. (Just to warn off muggers). *Future Farmer's of America ,if you didn't already know.
So I sat at my favorite table and ordered a Double Latte and a Chocolate Chunk Suprise Cookie. **(That's what I call it, cause Starbuck's doesn't sell them. See receipe at end of story.) Drank my coffee, ate my cookie, then took my gun and shot my prized steer in the head, and promptly left the cafe.
Yesterday I went back to for a cup of Joe and another cookie. This time I brought Bessie with me. (I know Bessie sounds like a cow, but he's just a little shy.) I sat down and the waiter rushed over to me and exclaimed," You can't come in here anymore! We're still cleaning up the mess from the other day! What do you think you were doing!!!" So, I told him I had point , and I did have one for him. "I'm job hunting , so I'm putting my resume together with some job experience for a management position; I come in, drink my coffee, shoot the bull, then disappear for the rest of the day!"

** CHOCOLATE CHUNK SUPRISE COOKIES :

You'll need:2 sticks butter (soft) 1 cup Quaker oats1/2 cup sugar
big pinch of baking soda 3 eggs or 2 extra large
1 1/2 cups semi-sweet Chocolate chips 2 1/2 cups all purpose flour
(use a big bar and crack it up into bits) 1 cup brown sugar
1 cup English toffee bits 1 tsp vanilla
1 cup chopped (crushed Macadamia Nuts)

Preheat oven to 375 F. Beat together: butter, lt. brown sugar, sugar,... add eggs and vanilla till mixed.Mix dry ingredients together. (flour,soda,oats)Stir the dry mixture into the butter mixture until well blended.Stir in your chips, bits, and nuts until combined.For small cookies: drop by rounded tablespoons onto greased cookiesheet (approximately 2-3 inches apart) Bake for 9-11 minutes on middle over rackFor BIG cookies: Use 1/4 cup or ice cream scoop to drop dough on cookiesheet 3 - 4 inches apart. Bake 13-15 minsCool cookies on rack.Option: Once cool, melt chocolate in sauce pan or double boiler (don't burn your chocolate.) Dip half the cookie in chocolate and let cool on Parchiment paper.Yummmmmmmmmmmm.
Enjoy with your favorite coffee, or just a big glass of milk.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home